Switch Hacking Updated FAQ

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by saneatsu, May 3, 2018.

1. Scrumplex

Scrumplex Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    Gambia, The
    In the section, where you explain some terms you say "Vulcan" although it is called "Vulkan".

2. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Thanks much. I often can't fully explain (without visual references) Switch hacks and this will bridge the gap. 10/10+1 FAQ; can't wait to see how this evolves.

Optional comedy

Last edited by H1B1Esquire, May 6, 2018
  3. Zumoly

Zumoly Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    Wow! I actually learnt more here (size of the cfw being 32 gb) than I did reading so many posts! Thank you very much for your effort!

4. saneatsu
    OP

saneatsu Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2018
    United States
    Updated to add in recent developments regarding Hekate-ipl as well as content corrections.

5. saneatsu
    OP

saneatsu Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2018
    United States
    Upcoming update regarding TX will be coming tonight, long day. Sorry I've been slow, had my MCAT today so I'm finally free and can dedicate more time to sprucing this up.

6. xtoc

xtoc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2005
    Netherlands
    I'm currently on 5.0.2
    While trying to configure the dns (to block firmware updates, using the faq), it seems that it redirect me to a page where i can choose to run or install the homebrew channel?

7. ThirdEyeCx

ThirdEyeCx Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2018
    United States
    USA
    Yeah that only works for 3.0.0, not 5.0.2 so it doesn't really mean anything for you. In fact, you should probably just disregard that DNS and use Switchbru's DNS instead. It blocks updates but it also lets you access the hidden web browser with a little extra features as well. However if you need to use the eShop or play online multiplayer you will need to remove the DNS settings and put it back to normal. You can only get the homebrew launcher on 5.0.2 by using the hekate payload while you're in the tegra rcm mode which is very experimental and only if you want to test out what's available so far, otherwise you can just wait for Atmosphere to release sometime later this summer.

8. xtoc

xtoc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2005
    Netherlands
    Hi,

Thank for your reply.
    I currently only playing rocket league (my sun minecraft online).
    Is the online thing only restricted to nintendo online game servers?
    (Tested the Switchbru dns which redirect me to google. It's nice to browse)
    But is it possible at this point to config an dns which only blocks the firmware updates?

Just want to avoid been updated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice