SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Irastris

Irastris GBAtemp Maniac

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Of course. Patience is a virtue, first Atmosphere needs to be released in the first place.

2. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    http://gs2012.xyz
    Meh. TX's device isn't really anything impressive, but either way, I suppose we'll eventually get a software-only solution.

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Fan

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    infidelity likes this.
  4. Slashㅤ

Slashㅤ GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2016
    United States
    I'm currently trying to extract Sonic Mania's NCA that I got off my eMMC. I put in my console's secure boot key along with the tsec key. I also put in the only decrypted title key that I got from a 4kb nca that had the same title ID as the large NCA. It's telling me that sections 0 and 1 are corrupted. I have no clue where to go on from this.

Last edited by Slashㅤ, May 16, 2018 - Reason: Use descriptive version I put in Nintendo Homebrew's switch assistance channel
  5. Wierd_w

Wierd_w GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2018
    United States
    I have an important question to ask:

If RCM is invoked while the switch is in the dock, can the exploit be delivered through one of the port replicated USB ports?

If so, I will be a very happy bastard.

6. Irastris

Irastris GBAtemp Maniac

May 3, 2015
    United States
    I can't honestly say for sure, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Did you have a plan to stash a small RaspPi in the empty space in the back of the dock or something?

7. Wierd_w

Wierd_w GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2018
    United States
    Modified zsun card reader, actually. (building custom image for FG injection now, will get device in a few days from amazon.)

I'm not holding my breath; I have also purchased a USB-C male to USB-A female adapter for it which claims switch compatibility. (heh, we'll see.) Just being able to install it in the space in the back of the dock would be pure win.

Last edited by Wierd_w, May 16, 2018
  8. OGDUCK6

OGDUCK6 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2018
    Australia
    I am looking to install homebrew on my switch to have a play around with and learn how it all works,
    I already have a 128GB SD card in my switch that has games on it. When I go to install homebrew should i use a new SD card or is it safe to use the same card?

9. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa Legendary Shinobi

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Hamburg
  10. kkcheong

kkcheong Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    Malaysia
    Hi guys, should I keep my Switch at 4.0.1?

11. Wierd_w

Wierd_w GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2018
    United States
    I would suggest doing so, yes. 4.1.0 is the highest firmware with known means of software entry (Deja-vu), meaning if you hold off on update, it is eventually going to get coldboot support without FG every time.

12. marios75

marios75 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi guys can anyone help me with a guide to backup my NAND? I just got a switch with 3.0.0 and I haven't done anything to it yet. Since i'm on 3.0.0 I don't need a jig to do it right? At least that's how I understood things or is it just for homebrew?

13. Blank67

Blank67 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2018
    France
    Sup' guys, I have a FAT32 32GB SD Card. However, it does not seems to work with Hekate. I can go in RCM just fine, but when I select "Launch Firmware", a red message says : "Failed to mount SD Card. ( Make sure it is inserted. )"

Obviously, my SD Card is inserted, so, what am I doing wrong ?

14. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2012
    United States
    Will there be a way to install games onto microSD cards by Christmas 2018?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

15. Doickls

Doickls Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2016
    United States
    I understand that this is early stuff and it's obviously gonna be unstable, but I can't do anything on CFW without it crashing after a few minutes
    like if i sneeze on it, it crashes

16. horokeusama

horokeusama GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2011
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Is anybody working a way to boot fusee gelee without the shorting pin method?

Everybody's saying to wait and not update, since early FW will have a better way to boot into CFW, but is anyone working into it?

17. ShawnTRods

ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 26, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Earth
    Quick question, I just made a australian nintendo account with my switch.
    Is nintendo network ID relevant anymore?

18. horokeusama

horokeusama GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2011
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    No. This is a thing from the past. You can link it to your nintendo account, but it's only useful on WiiU and 3DS.

ShawnTRods likes this.
  19. ShawnTRods

ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 26, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Earth
    AH NICE!
    And I can see that its possible to add members to the family group. Can I add accounts from different region in that group without any problems?

20. king_lemmiwinks

king_lemmiwinks Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2018
    United States
    Hello, new here. Any place you guys recommend to keep updated on emulator news for the switch.
    I am excited to play older games on my switch but would like to check out a place where emulator news for the switch is organized and compiled. while i am interested in homebrew i still want to be able to see a snapshot of just emulator specific news.

thank you

OGDUCK6 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice