SX codes, why people want them in the same second of the purchase?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by migles, Jul 10, 2018 at 12:48 PM.

1. migles
    OP

migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    I had seen several threads in the switch sections and people seem to want to order the sx thing and want the code like in the moment they press buy and can't be arsed to wait for the code...

some people even order the code 2 or 3 times just to see what store\place sends them the code faster
    and then there are threads complaining about being 1 or 2 days and not getting the code

i need to ask.
    what is wrong with these people?
    is there a real advantage or effect to have the code delivered in the instant of purchase? or is just a bunch of mad kiddos "I NEED IT NOW, OR I WILL DIE" ?

cearp likes this.
  2. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Nintendo works for my dad
    this.

3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Melodramatic fool

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    People want instant gratification and lack any sort of patience

Memoir, CallmeBerto and THEELEMENTKH like this.
  4. migles
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    so that's the real reason? come on.. they are so many and there is even a long thread about how long stores take to deliver the code..
    i tought because there where so many of theese people, there would be an actual reason to get the code delivered the moment they think about buying it.. you know, like an activation window time or maybe the setup was too complex it would need the code between the process or something

what more puzzles me is people wasting money to buy it twice to get it a few hours\minutes faster...

maybe they know deeply there will be a free cfw soon, and need to feel like their money isn't being wasted to the trash, and having the code 1 second different makes the money more worth it ;O;

5. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    That's the real reason. People want their piracy and want it now. It's the same reason why people don't bother to do a google search before making the same thread in the 3DS CFW section. People want a quick fix and they don't want to wait for it.

CallmeBerto likes this.
  6. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2016
    Well...if you buy a Steam code, Amazon code, etc...it's instant.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  7. Localhorst86

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Well, the obvious reason would be to able to play pirated backup copies as soon as possible. As soon as you get to code, you can activate the license. Still, people are way too impatient.

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Obviously they want to play games right away, and I understand that.

9. Localhorst86

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    While it's understandable to expect a quicker delivery when it's just a license code, some of the impatience shown on these forums is just not reasonable. People don't understand it's not an automated system, there's business hours etc.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  10. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    this is makes me smile :D
    lemme make you think from another point of view: i see u have chinese's flag, think about China has finally qualified for the football WORLD CUP...2118, and u take a spaceship to Mars to watch this epic moment and support ur country, but suddenly you realize that THE TICKETS are sold out everywhere and you have no idea if resellers might restock them, that feeling is exactly as same as those maD Kuddos!

Got it now? XD XD XD

Last edited by leon315, Jul 10, 2018 at 1:16 PM
  11. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom

Though from a technical standpoint I am not sure why the relevant codes can not be generated in short order.

DeoNaught and Subtle Demise like this.
  12. migles
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    you got a point, but you still have to wait for the game to download, in my case its usually half a day or even 1-2 days for a lastest AAA title
    Those huge stores have the mechanisms in place and are designed to give you the code instantly, however theese small flashcart and etc shops usually have to deliver the codes manually
    they also need to have the codes bought of the SX team, they need to have stock of them, while places like amazon or steam or humble bundle, i am sure they do have the ability to generate the codes all automatically..

but my original question was if there was an actual reason people where bitching about the codes not being delivered in the same second of the purchase and if there was an actual reason for it..
    and apparently there isn't, which brings to my other question:
    "what is wrong with you people?"

13. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    I blame generation Z to be ungrateful bastards that want everything on a silverplatter. Everything has always been instant or quick for them. They don't have to wait for the saturday morning cartoons. It's instant, and now days it's even on demand. They never had to learn the be patient, everything is there in an instant.

CallmeBerto likes this.
  14. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    You open another thread, I get the popcorn ready. Butter or caramel? Wait, we take both! The thread will have enough posts to giggle about, so we need everything we can get.

Little more serious: We write the year 2018. Instant gratification is a must for most of the people. What's wrong with you? ;-)

15. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    It's not that hard to generate a working code instantly. They allow downloads of their software through the website. They should have an option to buy the OS directly on the site. No middleman, no retail markup. Instead they've opened up a new way for shady resellers to scam customers.

16. migles
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    they did that way to cash out fast, selling only to resellers allows them to sell easily in bulk and get rid of stuff fast.
    i am sure they did chose this method in case someone made a free cfw in a short time after the release...
    they had to make sure they made money fast by selling to resellers in the case of the SX got cracked or someone would made a free version, the resellers would be the ones stuck with unsold inventory. and SX team would already have the money

keep in mind this is an opinion and my speculation...

17. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    But it should be an automated system. And even if it isn't, it's reasonable to expect a package to ship the next day or at most in a couple of days if the item is in stock, so the same applies to digital items. But a lot of people have been waiting a week or more.

MyLegGuy and Subtle Demise like this.
  18. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    True that. Waited a month for my pro (that I got for free anyways)

19. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    That might explain why the sellers seem to "run out" of codes...interesting.

20. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Ok a month is way too long though

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice