SX codes, why people want them in the same second of the purchase?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by migles, Jul 10, 2018 at 12:48 PM.

1. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    That's what happens when you buy from a company ran by 4 people total. :x they kept live updates, too. So, I wasn't mad.

Lilith Valentine likes this.
  2. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    I'm kinda okay with the lag on order receiving, but I don't understand why instant delivery is not a thing. I mean, I bought codes before using special automated services before.

Last edited by Reploid, Jul 10, 2018 at 3:29 PM
    Subtle Demise likes this.
  3. migles
    OP

migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    you have to understand theese shops are usuaully run like from 2 guys, and the stores websites are not automated...
    this isn't your local cocaine dealer which they have someone ready to sell you 24/7
    these shops can't be like amazon or be too fancy, they are small stores, trying to make a living, probably run by a dude like you and me..
    specially since theese shops sell niche stuff like flashcarts, which can't catch much attention from nintendo or they can be easily shutted down

4. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    That's bull. There is sites like plati.ru (russian thing) where literally anyone can sell digital goods like this without having to know anything.

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Yeah I have wordpress plugins that will do DRMed ebooks/videos/downloads upon payment.
    Can't imagine it is too hard to twist such a thing to do a simple thing like this.

6. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Nintendo works for my dad
    I'm fairly confident the people running these shops might not be tech savvy enough or even care about investing some time and effort into their web shops.

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk

7. dAVID_

dAVID_ Carpinter's Apprentice

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    Yeah considering it's just a code.

8. Captain_Smek

Captain_Smek Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2018
    Canada
    I've had two vendors back out on me now, I have 3 switches lined up for mods this weekend, and waited over a week for 4 codes prior. I was able to get one finally this week but then that vendor could no longer take visa payments and got blocked, then the next vendor I had some on order with for almost a week; they couldn't secure any because paypal wouldn't take payments. So I finally tried another today, Visa instant fail, Paypal instant fail. They tell me sorry all payment methods are blocking transactions lol!?

I just want to buy 3 now to get these things out the door for these poor people. I'm throwing money at the screen and nobody wants it ffs!?

9. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    The impatience is completely justified. Imagine waiting a week just to find out they can't process your order, then you have to go through the hassle of finding a different store to order from. Then waiting another week. It all adds up. Whereas if you find out which stores have quick turnaround time and you order from them, if you don't get your order in a day you can move on and try a different store.

10. osm70

osm70 GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 17, 2011
    Czech Republic
    What kind of a crappy connection do you have? My latest download was 60 gigabytes and it took me 2 hours and 20 minutes. If it took any longer, I wouldn't be happy.

So, yeah. I understand the impatience.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice