Discussion SX OS - Error and Solutions Thread

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by OhhSheetz, Jun 19, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

77 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Will verify soon

7 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. OhhSheetz
    OP

OhhSheetz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2015
    Canada
    SX OS - Error and Solutions
    Updated: June 25, 2018 11:00am (EST)

Rules & Intro
    Hey Guys, This thread will serve as a go to Information Board for issues related to SX OS, compiles from the thread itself and information found throughout the forums. I hope the information here can help you solve whatever problem you're experiencing or at least save you time from trying to troubleshoot yourself, if the issue is found to have no solution as of the latest available firmware of SX OS.

Is there an issue not listed below? Post and let us know so we can discuss it, try to find a solution, and add the information for everyone to find easily!
    If you are submitting a an error, please make sure to include as many details as possible, such as:

• Firmware You're Running
    • SD Card Specs (Brand, model, size, format)
    • Backup Name and Origin (i.e. Your own? BBB Release? header included or header free?)
    • Details of the error - how it happened. when it happened first. can you reproduce it?
    • Details of Solution - If you already found it, or went somewhere else online to find the solution, add it anyways so that every may know.
    I will try to compile all issues and their solutions here as often as I can so we don't have to go through a sea of posts to get things running.

SX OS Firmware 1.2 has been released ( http://sx.xecuter.com/ ) - Allows for Type 2 Cards to work, but LA Noir and 1-2 Switch still have issues.

Ban Reports are starting to come in. In order to keep things in order, report to Draxzelex's Thread here: ( http://taraftartekstil.com/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub.508710/ ) Information regarding Bans will be updated here, but having long discussions here might creation chaos, so everything to its rightful place!

SD Cards - Information related to SD Cards and their reported success / failure to run games:
    SD Cards

Setup - Issues with SX OS nor running, not being able to set up correctly, activation, etc:
    Backup Loading

Crashes: Information related to errors that lead to blank screens, frozen system and other crashes.
    Crashes

Backup Loading & Game Issues
    General Issues
    Game Specific Issues

Online Related Matters - Going Online, Downloading Updates, etc
    Please be aware that Online use COULD lead to a System Ban, use at your own Risk - This section will only include experiences for informational purposes only, we take no responsibility if you go online.
    A User has reported getting banned, and it appears that the trigger was him downloading updates in SX OS rather than OFW

Online Use

Last edited by OhhSheetz, Jun 26, 2018
  2. SodaSoba

SodaSoba GBAtemp Regular

May 28, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Barstow, on the edge of the desert
    There are a lot of reports of games crashing, I would have a guess at crap SD cards, interested to see what brands people are using

Pluupy, Fuk and GravityLizard like this.
  3. DarkOrb

DarkOrb GBAtemp Regular

Oct 11, 2013
    Germany
    I had the "BOOT.DAT?" issue even though I had the boot.dat file on my microSD root. I was able to fix it by formatting the SD Card with my PC AND with my Switch. Then I placed the boot.dat on my microSD root again and it finally worked.

4. lordhell

lordhell Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2006
    Brazil
    anyone knows if it runs propely 'card 2' games? (like happy birthdays or sushi striker)

Ty_ likes this.
  5. Zolmastrian

Zolmastrian Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2018
    Italy
    Can you have your own BOOT.DAT file in multiple sd cards?
    Example: sd#1 with boot.dat --> turn off the console --> switch sd#1 with sd#2 (with boot.dat) --> turn on the console --> enjoy

6. hashcheck1

hashcheck1 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2013
    homebrew Ftp no working on sx os / has issue with showing directory structure

7. chowyunfatt

chowyunfatt Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2006
    it doesn't

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

OK, after spending a bit of time here are some observations.
    Each game has to be loaded in the TX menu to show in horizon, and they show up as a game cart. You have to then load another in the TX menu to load it into the slot so to speak.
    No big hassle.

Card 2 Games not working it seams, not tried trimming or injecting header just bbb releases. Also not sure if those games work with the layered way?
    Side loading payloads is probably only good with the dongle as you have to hold + when injecting a payload to begin with so if its already connected to PC you might as well just inject the one you want.
    Games run fine and save so far, Samsung SD card. All load fast and no glitches yet, tried about 7.

Home brew, pfba of which I've played a lot of runs poorly using TX payload. Runs great with normal payloads so TX must have a problem with homebrew?
    Switch in airplane mode is asking to update games straightaway, not sure if it should know the games need updates unless day one? Not tried updating tho and staying in airplane mode for now. No wifi.

Seems ok so far, compatibility and payload needs improving with updates but quite impressed. Thing is it feels a lot like original gateway, good or bad!

thequickbrownfox and lordhell like this.
  8. OhhSheetz
    OP

Oct 27, 2015
    Canada
    Thanks for your input so far guys, keep it coming so we can build a nice database for everyone to troubleshoot their Systems.

Thanks for the information DarkOrb - Added to the Post

To My understanding, No, but Will attempt later myself, or see if anyone else has found a way to run them.

Yes, I have added the information to the Setup Section, thanks for your question.

Have not had time to try this yet, but Will update once I try it or see if anyone else found the solution.

lordhell likes this.
  9. Masacci0

Masacci0 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2018
    Italy
    sandisk evp plus u3

you mean samsung evo?

10. lordhell

lordhell Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2006
    Brazil
    happy birthdays (a card2 game) works and saves in layered way using his own demo as a donor game.

chowyunfatt likes this.
  11. chowyunfatt

chowyunfatt Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2006
    So must be SX FW that is the problem.

12. gabru

gabru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2016
    I always buy Samsung sd's... Is the best option to run backups on the Switch (?)

13. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Is it cracked yet?

14. OhhSheetz
    OP

Oct 27, 2015
    Canada
    As I added to the First Post, this seems to be needing a CFW Update in order to work, as these Card 2 Games have only been around for a small amount of time. I will look more into it, but do you know if saves worked using layered?

I'm not sure if we have quite determines the best SD Card for the SX OS, but my Samsung EVO Plus seems to be running games a little on the slow side (loading times only)

I don't think this is much of an Error and Solution, but I'm sure you can find some information on this in one of the "Cracking SX OS" Threads floating in the forums.

--

Well, I'm off to work, so I will update during the day as I get a chance.

15. lordhell

lordhell Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2006
    Brazil
    As reported on lfsdb.com, save are working. I didnt tested myself.

16. OhhSheetz
    OP

Oct 27, 2015
    Canada
    Can't seem to find Sushi Striker in the Database. Maybe it was removed?

17. Masacci0

Masacci0 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2018
    Italy
    exfat or fat32? (also does that theoretically change something, is exfat better than fat32 regarding speed?)

18. OhhSheetz
    OP

Oct 27, 2015
    Canada
    Sorry, forgot to add that, it was Ex-Fat. As per speed, in theory, speed would be faster in Ex-Fat, but have not tried Fat 32 to really compare it.

19. lordhell

lordhell Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2006
    Brazil
    I was talking about Happy Birthdays (a card2 game too).

OhhSheetz likes this.
  20. DarkOrb

DarkOrb GBAtemp Regular

Oct 11, 2013
    Germany
    Sorry, but you got me wrong. You have to format the SD using your PC and your Switch because in rare cases formatting with your PC only is not enough. Then you can re-add all files.

OhhSheetz likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice