Discussion SX OS - Error and Solutions Thread

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by OhhSheetz, Jun 19, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

76 vote(s)
    73.1%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. Will verify soon

7 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 4, 2012
    Netherlands
    in front of a screen...
    Hmm I really wonder why my own dumps of the game fail then ... will investigate this weekend.

2. Cubuss

Cubuss GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2017
    Netherlands
    High Quality Shitposter
    Got 2 times that my switch completely froze after i upgraded to SX OS 1.3

1 time playing skyrim, 1 time playing wolfenstein 2,

3. lukhart

lukhart GBAtemp Stand User

May 10, 2018
    Brazil
    Everything working fine for me. No crashes since upgrading on the games I'm playing.

4. Mclovedogs

Mclovedogs Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2018
    Australia
    You need to put the boot.dat on your switch SD card for it to work

5. Wiiunator

Wiiunator GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2015
    Australia
    Have you made sure the capacitor of your dongle are fully charged? Plug in the dongle and boot the switch normally, waiting a few second until the led on the dongle turns green indicating that the capacitors are charged. Turn off, launch RCM mode and try to inject the payload again see if that works. Alternatively you can also charge the caps by using the provided micro usd cable the is supplied with the Pro kit

Last edited by Wiiunator, Jul 6, 2018
  6. Goloki

Goloki GBAtemp Fan

Nov 24, 2006
    Well, of course. The boot.dat file is there. That's not the issue, since I don't get the error screen asking for the file to be in the SD card. I get nothing, as if the dongle wasn't even connected.

Yep, already tried that. I've even tried having the dongle connected to a power source while it's plugged into the Switch. Nothing works.

I contacted Shop01Media to return the unit and get a refund. What a bummer.

comput3rus3r likes this.
  7. gamer4lif3

gamer4lif3 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    Can i use the pro license code on a friend's switch or will this lock the dongle to his switch making it useless to me? I already have sx os license installed.

8. anakinvm

anakinvm GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    Can't confirm this as I don't own a pro but supposedly the pro license won't activate on your console as you already have one, you might want to try to boot sx os once on your friend's switch and see if that generates a license.dat file on his sd card, it'd be a better idea to just send xecuter an email

Last edited by anakinvm, Jul 6, 2018
  9. scroeffie

scroeffie GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2017
    Netherlands
    we need external hdd support

10. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    That's not the problem. If it were he would get the "boot.dat?" error. his dongle seems to be defective or not charged.

11. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 4, 2012
    Netherlands
    in front of a screen...
    Well need, need ... it's more of a nice to have option really.
    In my book not something I want that much because of the portable options of the Switch.
    But it wil come just be patient.

Will dive into my Yoku Island Express issue tomorrow and get back to you guys on that.
    Besides that only LA Noire is they only no go for me on 1.3

scroeffie likes this.
  12. timorousme

timorousme Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    United States
    Ha! I must have been pretty dense to have not realized that SX OS has been booting this whole time. Everything's good, thanks for your help @lukhart @mbze430

lukhart likes this.
  13. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 4, 2012
    Netherlands
    in front of a screen...
    Hmm my Yoku Island Express dump comes out as; Yoku's Island Express v0 (010002D00632E000).xci using gcdumptool but fails with software error notfication on boot.
    Anybody else tried doing this with their own EUR version of Yoku's Island Express (not the scene release available) and had issues?

14. Lcfr

Lcfr Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2016
    Burkina Faso
    My SX OS Pro (1.3) works as intended. I'm using AutoRCM for the convenience of it. For two straight days now, when I power down my console at night, the next morning the battery is completely drained. Am I doing something wrong here? Maybe the AutoRCM drains the battery even when its powered off? Maybe it prevents the console to completely shut down?

I should note, that I'm powering down the console from the power button and not putting it on sleep. Last night when I powered it down, the battery was at 40%, and this morning was fully drained.

So, unless my cat, or a gaming ghost plays my Switch all night, I assume there is a problem here.

Last edited by Lcfr, Jul 7, 2018
    tiliarou and PatrickD85 like this.
  15. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 4, 2012
    Netherlands
    in front of a screen...
    I suspect your cat ... for obvious reasons.

But ... you leave it undocked for those hours I assume right?
    Have not tried it, will do so tonight and report back.

EDIT; uh wait you power down as in shut it down.
    that should normally preserver battery actually.
    Still gonna try it.

Last edited by PatrickD85, Jul 7, 2018
  16. Lcfr

Lcfr Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2016
    Burkina Faso
    Yeah, my switch has never been docked, I only play it handheld. And as far as the power down, yes. The hold power button for 3 seconds> power options > power off thing.

If it's my cat, I won't be mad at her. She's nice and I can live with it. The power drain is a bit of a concern tho...

17. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 4, 2012
    Netherlands
    in front of a screen...
    Hahah cats need some gaming in their life to you know ;)
    But I will test this tonight and get back to you to see if I can replicate it.

18. Lcfr

Lcfr Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2016
    Burkina Faso
    Thanks, I appreciate it if you can test it yourself.
    I have to ask tho. You don't shut down your switch when your done for the day? I mean, I'm not doing something unique here, right? Maybe it's the normal thing to do, is to just put it on sleep mode?

PatrickD85 likes this.
  19. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 4, 2012
    Netherlands
    in front of a screen...
    Mainly it just goes to sleep mode but at the end of the day mine usually finds its way to its dock, so it will be fully charged later on ;)

20. newbytime7

newbytime7 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2018
    United States
    Anybody else not able to get into the album on sxos 1.3? holding l + album gets me homebrew. holding r + album also gets me homebrew. on latest firmware

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice