Question SX pro dongle makes hissing noice is this normal?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Boenka, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Boenka
    OP

Boenka Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    Netherlands
    Just received my SX pro dongle but I noticed that it makes a hissing noise. Is this normal or is this a defect and should I send it back for that? The sound isn’t very loud but still noticeable and I’m a little worried about it. I hope i can get an answer from you guys.

2. theguyver

theguyver Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2015
    United States
    where did you get it from, I read on a a forums that some purchased at modchipsdirect had hissing noises

3. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    It can be a damaged capacitor. But that's just my thought as I don't have one and is probably totally wrong.

4. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    most likely a defective unit if you want to be save about it just use the dongle to load the payload the first to to active the license then later loads launch the payload from pc

5. Boenka
    OP

Boenka Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    Netherlands
    I bought it second hand for cheap from a guy who never even unpacked it. Code was in it and it works fine just the noise.

6. Masacci0

Masacci0 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2018
    Italy
    I may be wrong, but i think it's normal, mine does it too and it is the sound of capacitors charging.

7. Artwebb

Artwebb Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2018
    Canada
    I'm not worried about it. I have caps at work in motor stators that are about as tall as the joycon and about the diameter of a golf ball and they make the same noise when charging up.

8. CrAzYLiFe

CrAzYLiFe Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2007
    How noticeable is this hiss? I've never heard mine hiss but I have never placed it up to my ear while charging, I have heard it is normal however.

9. joskewarez

joskewarez Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2018
    Belgium
    Had the same on my SX pro, nothing to worry about as said in a previous post.
    Sounds just like the capacitors on my graphics card when gaming at high fps.

10. Artwebb

Artwebb Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2018
    Canada
    I cant hear it over my computer fans, I held it up to my ear the first time I plugged it in to see if it made the noise.

11. Rob Blou

Rob Blou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    yeah min does the hiss too but it's a common thing for capacitors I guess ... if anything happens to the caps, these cost nothing to replace :P

12. Boenka
    OP

Boenka Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    Netherlands
    Thank you guys for the quick replies it really helped me.

13. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    And what about your hand or switch? :D (idk how dangerous those caps can be if even.)

Last edited by Kubas_inko, Jul 13, 2018
  14. Mark2333

Mark2333 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2017
    United States
    Is your working?

15. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    Does it sound like a disposable camera flash?

16. Whole lotta love

Whole lotta love GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2006
    United States
    mine does it too. pretty annoying when you're in a quiet space

17. Brasse

Brasse Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2017
    Sweden
    In for the hissing sound too, guess it is normal since everyone here is experiencing it. I don't like the hissing but the dongle is only inserted for the boot anyways so it doesn't matter so much. Happy gaming!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice