SX Pro Painfully Slow and FISHY Shipping.

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by coon-strudel, Jul 12, 2018.

1. coon-strudel
    OP

coon-strudel That one weird Furry Artist

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    If this is not the right place to post this, I'm sorry, can someone remove this thread if so? Thanks! c:

Sooo, I ordered a Switch SX Pro exactly a 32 days ago. The process for me personally was terrible. None of the suggested sites were very Paypal friendly in my case, and what I thought would have been a $40 buy, increased to $60...

The site I bought from was digitopz. Xecuter's site said digitopz is based in the U.S, but I got shipping based in China??
    They didn't even ship it until recently. According to one of their support people, it was supposed to ship on the 25th of last month. I waited for I think, past June to ask where the heck my purchase's tracking number is, and they FINALLY provided it later that day, as if they just ran to the USPS there and threw it onto the counter or something.

And of course, to this day,it's been under the status of "pre-shipment" for a week now, with no sign of progress at all. It got accepted on the 2nd.

This all seems very suspicious to me. Am I being ripped off?
    Is there still time for them to bring the package back and refund me?

Thank you!

2. asnka

asnka GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2006
    United States
    [​IMG]

Memoir and Bateman8419 like this.
  3. Wolfy

Wolfy Person That Never Was

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere In The Aether...
    A lot of the sites are fishy, since there really weren't any 'trusted' sites.

If you tried contacting them and still won't give much answers, since it's pre-shipment the best idea would be to get a refund then use a site someone else has gotten theirs from.

Last edited by Wolfy, Jul 12, 2018
  4. coon-strudel
    OP

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    Good idea. Though, I'm going away from the house for a while and I don't want it to come in the mail and someone steals it. Some people say they order and receive their's within a week which makes it feel even weirder. Might just have to refund like you said but maybe wait a few months later to actually get it again.

5. rubeann

rubeann Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2018
    United States
    i'd recommend to buy from modchipsdirect but if you order now your order wont come fast since they have to ship a lot of batches

6. jajamundo

jajamundo Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    United States
    First the reason why you can't pay with Paypal is because this are illegal stuffs! Normally they send you the paypal account in a email so this way they can hide the transcaction and Paypal doesn't cancel the order

Second, I'm from Guatemala and I ordered my Pro since may 20th! I just got mine last week! You have to be pattient!!

7. coon-strudel
    OP

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    I might not be able to receive it cause I'll be gone for a while and I don't want anyone stealing it or anything, so that's one of the main reasons I want to cancel.
    I still don't get why the China based shipping when the site said U.S.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Might just have to wait a while, sadly.

8. Wrathcaster

Wrathcaster Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2018
    United Kingdom
    It ships from China Warehouse to USA store then from there to you. Some customers in USA has had their item branding removed so it won't be stopped at the border, also sometimes because of this the item is no longer scanned/tracked in its journey, so it might even arrive tomorrow. I am from UK but had the similar thing happen, my SX Pro arrived 2 weeks ago but the tracking still shows it in China lol

Last edited by Wrathcaster, Jul 12, 2018
  9. Wolfy

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Do you have a jig yet? Because if you do then there's the option to only buy the OS license which is a lot quicker, but it's up to you if you want the dongle.

10. coon-strudel
    OP

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    That's so confusing... I'm torn on what to do. Wish I had known about where it would ship from but I probably overlooked it.

I'd like the dongle cause the jig on that seems a lot safer. I had an Ebay Jig but lost it while cleaning my room.

11. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    it takes a long time to get out of china to the U.S. chillax ok.

12. Wrathcaster

Wrathcaster Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I think everyone's came from China since they were recently mass produced and made in China.
    I would wait a few more days, my friend in America pre-ordered his weeks before me and his only arrived just 2 days ago compared to me having mine for over 2 weeks now.

Last edited by Wrathcaster, Jul 12, 2018
  13. coon-strudel
    OP

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    It's not only that, it's the fact that they said they'd ship t on the 25th, and didn't. Then they only shipped it out after I asked about it.
    Also that their site makes you pay more, and that I didn't know it was China in the first place. lol

Alright, I'll try waiting a bit longer.

14. ModDog

ModDog Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    They are great on digital and do it in 24 hour's. But they change word's on delivery and seem to like to update with later and later dates on physical order's. Also they don't work/ship on physical copies on weekends..... they sit there and wait till Monday. I think they hope a lot will change from physical to digital and they only lose 5 dollars on sales at MCD. They don't have to put parts in box and get labels, pack, etc. I think they prefer digital delivery at MCD.

The main issue I think is resellers over promising to get your order on physical unit's. You have to remember you are not dealing with Team Xecuter but the reseller you bought off of. Some resellers are down right crappy. Others are better but research re-seller before ordering even if official does not mean they are great/quick.

15. IpponDatara

IpponDatara Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    Germany
    That’s the reason I didn’t ordered from the resellers. Besides that, a dongle is nice to have but not absolutely necessary. Sleep mode and auto rcm is all I need. The only reason to completely turn off the switch is to copy files to the sd card. And while I’m on my Mac anyways, I can send the payload to the switch right after.

16. coon-strudel
    OP

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    UPDATE:
    I'd like to thank everyone for their support with this thread.
    The SX Pro will be coming this week, and the tracking updated.
    I'm sorry to digitopz, for putting them in a suspicious light, and to everyone else for taking up time.
    Thank you.

17. Wolfy

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Glad to know another site isn't completely sketch, though I don't know if the time required to get the actual product is worth it :/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice