The ultimate list of mods to enter RCM

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Technicmaster0, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko O_o

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    If you can't connect correct pins, you shouldn't be trying this.

2. Soluble

Soluble GBAtemp Fan

Mar 12, 2017
    Not really. Have been soldering for nearly 20 years... Don't really see the point to simply test FG. Would rather a temp solution like the jig but at $50 postage and no 3d printer. The paperclip took less than a minute to shape.

3. Stercate79
    This message by Stercate79 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Apr 27, 2018.
    Apr 27, 2018
  4. Technicmaster0
    OP

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    But the papeclip doesn't look as good, you have to disconnect the joy con every time you want to launch rcm etc.

5. gabru

gabru Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2016
    Well, being-a-dick asides, it is true that isn't hard to brick it unintentionally.

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    After days of fiddling with different positions, I finally managed to boot my Switch into RCM with 2 screwdrivers :D I had to angle them as diagonally as possible so that it would look more like an X once it happened. Now I can confidently wait for whatever is coming this summer knowing I can boot into RCM whenever I want.

7. darkomega9408

darkomega9408 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2018
    United States
    Hi guys, finally after hours of trying I'm able to enter RCM in Switch and I want to share this little jig with you guys.

I have crazily tried safety pin method hours and just not able to make it work (doesn't have screwdrivers, cable or paper pins... to try other ones), then just when I begin to give up my brother come and asked me if I have a Phone Sim Getter little pin because he lost his and he wanted to change the Sim, I have to thank my brother a lot for this.

For some mystery/magical reason, the Phone Sim Getter pin of Xiaomi phone is perfectly fitted with the right side of the Switch, it is not just work immediately but also with 100% success rate.

Attached Files:

8. ken28

ken28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 21, 2010
    Germany
    you are bascily shorting all pins through.

9. darkomega9408

darkomega9408 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2018
    United States
    I don't think so, the curved bottom part of the Sim Getter doesn't touch any pins, only two straight side of Sim Getter touch pin 1 and pin 10, that why I think this Sim Getter is magically fitted.

10. ken28

Oct 21, 2010
    Germany
    if you pressit in you are shorting all. the pins get closer to ground further in.

11. Shadow LAG

Shadow LAG GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2013
    United States
    That still looks dangerous as all hell. If I were you, I would still clip off the bottom. If that slides even slightly over your pins when pulling it out, you will be bridging 5V pin across all your connectors into ground. Highly don't recommend this.

darkomega9408 and Technicmaster0 like this.
  12. ken28

Oct 21, 2010
    Germany
    just get a cheap pc wire. you can find them anywhere.

darkomega9408 likes this.
  13. darkomega9408

darkomega9408 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2018
    United States
    Thanks ken28 and Shadow LAG, yeah you're right, I will try to clip off the bottom or try the other side (the side with only one straight pop out)

14. ken28

Oct 21, 2010
    Germany
    that should work too.

15. SpaceshipNayib

SpaceshipNayib Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2015
    United States
    So I'm a little confused about this. From some sources, I'm reading 9 and 10 will work, and other sources I'm reading that it has to be certain connections (and the suggestion that 9 and 10 will not work.

Can anyone provide a definite answer?

16. Shadow LAG

Shadow LAG GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2013
    United States
    Pin 9 and 1 are both ground either will work. You can even ground it to the fan grill. As long as you ground pin 10, that's all that matters.

SpaceshipNayib likes this.
  17. kombos

kombos GBAtemp Regular

Apr 24, 2018
    Ukraine
    Universe
    Ultimate mod would be grounding pin 10 straight to battery connector ! :}

SpaceshipNayib likes this.
  18. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips a seldom-used crab named Lucky

Mar 10, 2015
    United States
    i use a tiny piece of aluminum foil i've wadded up to make a little wedge that fits in the rail and connects pin 9 with 10, works well

19. Technicmaster0
    OP

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Pin 9 is not exactly ground. It's not directly connected to ground and might not be ground under certain circumstances.

Last edited by Technicmaster0, Apr 28, 2018
    aut0mat3d and kombos like this.
  20. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    be wary that a piece if foil might break off and cause trouble

21. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips a seldom-used crab named Lucky

Mar 10, 2015
    United States
    its a really compact and tiny piece, so hopefully that shouldn't happen. it's just thick enough to wedge in without being too big, and just wide enough to touch the pins when inserted into the rail all the way to the right.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice