[UPDATE] PUBG Mobile Available Now For Android and iOS in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by Prans, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Makes sense, only get stomped by a superior control method if you want to.

chirogan likes this.
  2. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    RLY? That means I will install that game even though I don't like it (when it comes out 4 android) I will connect CronusMax to my Nvidia tablet and PWND console and PC players with mouse and keyboard :)

3. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    hurrz and Xzi like this.
  4. MasterControl90

MasterControl90 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2017
    Italy
    Italy
    I noticed that too and since it does it only for a few matches I'm sure they did this as a tutorial for newcomers, which makes sense. Their mistake is to do not inform the player of this "warm up phase" for newbies. A part of that I find it a very solid and performance/visually scalable port with well made "easy of life" added mechanics like the auto item pick up and equip and more reactive controls compared to the pc/console version.
    Here it is some screenshots I made with a mid-range smartphone (Xiaomi Mi A1).
    Screenshot_20180320-170747.png Screenshot_20180320-171350.png Screenshot_20180321-021201.png Screenshot_20180321-085032.png Screenshot_20180321-015422.png Screenshot_20180320-170727.png Screenshot_20180320-171235.png Screenshot_20180321-015820.png Screenshot_20180321-015807.png Screenshot_20180320-173003.png Screenshot_20180320-172835.png Screenshot_20180321-020313.png Screenshot_20180321-020845.png Screenshot_20180321-020924.png

Last edited by MasterControl90, Mar 21, 2018
    hurrz and T-hug like this.
  5. AdamFX990

AdamFX990 Confused Humanoid

Jan 22, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Santraginus V
    That was insanely quick O.O Fortnite hasn't even been out that long. :O

6. MasterControl90

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2017
    Italy
    Italy
    This port of pubg was already out months ago as a China exclusive, so Fortnite wasn't the first one with a mobile version but it was the first one in western regions. Another point to make is that the iOS port of Fortnite is a full fledged version with crossplay with pc and xone, while PUBG mobile is a different game with many adaptations and it's also available on android.

Fun fact: PUBG is getting another mobile port from a different dev for whatever reason.

hurrz and AdamFX990 like this.
  7. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    i just hope they Add Controller support .. it might just become my fav mobile game

8. guily6669

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    I just received a notification Shadowgun Legends ready to download I had pre-registered.

9. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Gave it a whirl and found it funny everyone was only with pants (males) and pants/bras (females). I didn't get to actually play much of it but just run around, try to melee and shit like that. Playing a game like this on a touchscreen device is just absurd.

This is even worse than playing with a controller.

10. Exaltys

Exaltys GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2009
    United States
    I always seem like a pessimist in these new postings. Why would I want to play a shooter on mobile?

11. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2017
    United States
    I wonder what the consensus is on mouse versus a controller used in conjunction with gyro. I get the opinion, that with the right sensitivity settings, and enough practice, one can truly master aiming on console close to the level that people master aiming with a mouse on PC. At the very least, gyro aiming in addition to using the right analogue stick at the same time has significantly improved my aiming on console games that offer it.

12. guily6669

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    The thing is mouse and a good shooting game has almost infinite speed and you can use as much surface as you want, then you can change dpi on the fly on most mouse's, I just double press back on the side for sniping and double press forward or once to play with a normal gun.

Also after you learn to drag shooting on PC it gets super crazy, pros keep doing it they just throw the mouse to the side super fast and shoot right on target with a headshot in just a few miliseconds.

Controller just have smaller disadvantages when it's a close quarters game, when you need very refined aiming specially for far away aiming or more simulation like games where you need to see which few pixels in the screen move to shoot at is where it gets really worse against a mouse.

Last edited by guily6669, Mar 22, 2018
    hurrz likes this.
  13. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I have no idea how much help gyro would be. All I know is there have been several instances of pro console players getting roflstomped by average PC players in shooters. The more aim assist you remove, the harder it becomes on controllers to play at the same level as a mouse.

hurrz and MasterControl90 like this.
  14. MasterControl90

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2017
    Italy
    Italy
    As mainly as a PC player, I always found FPS games very tedious to play with joypads a part of old school shooters like doom and powerslave on psx using gamepads, joypads wouldn't even work without that little bit of aim assist. On the other end touchscreens shooters, assuming they have perfectly tuned sensitivity and no acceleration, are way more comfortable to play for me because I have a more "raw" control over the aim and feels closer to mouse aiming, yet it is of course very slow compared to a mouse.
    Personally, watching gameplay videos on consoles, I always found people moving around like tanks (battlezone anyone? XD) with no awareness of what is going on around and no possibility to react in an emergency situation like any average PC player. This is not a PC vs Consoles post, just pure subjective observations so please avoid flaming in this.

hurrz likes this.
  15. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

GBAtemp Patron
    AlanJohn is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2011
    Ukraine
    Canada,New Jersey
    Yeah this is a pretty good fun little game. I started playing it on my phone while on the go, controls aren't ideal but the performance is phenomenal for a mobile device. This probably guarantees a more polished version coming to the switch.

Also please stop spreading the "pubg runs better on mobile than on PC". It doesn't. Pubg has been updated a lot recently and performance has improved drastically. I easily get over 90fps on my 970 now.

Memoir likes this.
  16. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official lewd axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Yeah but the xbox one versions still run like crap, so just imagine how awful it would run on switch, UNLESS, they port the mobile version, which afaik it's different from the pc/console version.

17. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

GBAtemp Patron
    AlanJohn is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2011
    Ukraine
    Canada,New Jersey
    Oh yeah the console versions of the game are total crap. You're completely right here.

If my theory is correct, and the switch will get this version just a little bit more polished and optimized, then the switch will have legitimately the best running version of the game on consoles.

It is different, but not in any major way. The biggest difference I can see so far is the lack of optical scopes, and overall the gameplay is more streamlined with less minor features. This is not a bad thing though, at least in my opinion.

Last edited by AlanJohn, Mar 22, 2018
    DeslotlCL likes this.
  18. MasterControl90

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2017
    Italy
    Italy
    The Xbox version runs so badly because of the super slow cpu (gpu is fine)... Most PC gamers called for it back in the day when xone and PS4 were released and as expected you are now getting screwed by it. Sure, some optimization is still needed (netcode wise mostly) but performance issues are a thing of the past for the most part, there is so much that you can get with a slow cpu and big maps like pubg ones are very demanding. The mobile version not only has lower quality assets and simplified buildings but also simplified physics, lowering even more the cpu burden.

DeslotlCL likes this.
  19. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official lewd axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Well yeah, in that case i would love a pubg movile port on switch, hell, even a port of the iphone x version of fortnite (with a bit of better optimization for the tegra x1 gpu) since it would be perfect for the switch and would require less from the console. Yeah it wouldnt look on par with the one/ps4 versions but at least it would do fortnite good justice.

Last edited by DeslotlCL, Mar 22, 2018
  20. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    Been playing PUBG mobile since it launched in Canada. It actually plays pretty well given that it's a mobile game. I didn't play on PC though and the mobile version is free to play (at least for now). It's not a great game but it's easy to pick up and play.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice