What do you think Nintendo's next console could be?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by ToonGoomba, May 21, 2018.

1. JiveTheTurkey

JiveTheTurkey GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2017
    United States
    They barely want to give us a 1080p switch :(

GunzOfNavarone likes this.
  2. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Yea, and in it's form factor I doubt it's possible. Maybe 2 more GPU revisions, so 2 years.

3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    We don't need a Switch Mini, the Joy-Cons are already for kid's hands. We need a Switch XL, with bigger Joycons for adults.

4. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    No they will have a Switch with 3! screens, eye tracking and two dockingstations that will render the screens and eye tracking useless.

and inside will be some super high end prcessor that was used in the iphone 3 and the controller will be even smaller and designes so that even the last people will have to break their fingers to use it.

Jayro likes this.
  5. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Virtual Boy but with modern VR technology.

6. Jayro

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Seems hyper realistic.

Aldoria likes this.
  7. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    TBH I am tired of too many consoles, Nintendo makes good consoles, but I would like it better if they just provided some digital market a la Steam or a GaaS like EA Access or Xbox Game Pass, or whatever, so you could just buy their games on your PC or console of choice. Same goes for Sony and Microsoft. It is a pity the Steam Machines were expensive pieces of shit, but I would really prefer a GaaS model where they get their revenue from subscriptions and the actual consoles are the same for all of the games, maybe you can get the high-end console, or the mid-level console, or the handheld console, but they all can play (at least some part of the spectrum) of the GaaS provided by the company you subscribe to........... oh wait, what an unpopular opinion! /s

8. Jayro

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I would love consoles to get a decade of time instead of 5 years. That's more games, less developer hell, and better for everyone.

9. kingfrost

kingfrost GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2018
    United States
    A dedicated portable that is more portable than my Switch. A true successor to the DS line. I don't care for the "hybrid" nature and we don't get as many games as we did in previous generations when we had both so there is no advantage for me.

Eddypikachu likes this.
  10. nastys

nastys ナースティス

Aug 5, 2014
    Italy
    Earth
    Or just joy-cons with bigger buttons (joy-cons Pro?)

Jayro likes this.
  11. GunzOfNavarone

GunzOfNavarone GBAtemp Regular

Aug 16, 2016
    It will be a revised Switch - better battery consumption,higher resolution, better GPU. I don't see them returning to the standard home console after this.

12. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ The savior of the broken

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Going with Nintendo's theme and they tend to make both of them.

13. Kevinpuerta

Kevinpuerta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    NES? Lmao.

14. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Honestly? I could see them making a modern budget-oriented headset (like the Oculus Go) with a special preorder version that has coloration that nods to the VB

It's unlikely, but it would be cool

15. brickmii82

brickmii82 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 21, 2015
    United States
  16. Bowl0l

Bowl0l GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2015
    Malaysia
    Nintendo already released their next gen console in Japan. A normal Switch which doesn't come with a charger and dock.
    Now you can't play anymore games after 3 hours of play.

17. Shadowfied

Shadowfied GBAtemp Addict

Dec 6, 2014
    Personally I hope they keep shit like this up. I'm a PC gamer and I don't even want Nintendo to be another company who pretends to be able to keep up with that. Give me more unique good shit and I'll buy it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ah, yes, beause a USB C cable is impossible to find. What kind of crazy person has a spare USB C cable..

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  18. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Nintendo has been toying around with touchscreens for a while now, but never did anything really big with it...yet.

Their next home console will have it that each controller is a touchscreen. But unlike the wii u, the touch screen will be the primary source of input. This will allow each game to have its own button configuration and layout. They will be taking advantage of sony's patent from the early 2000's that makes it so you can 'physically' feel the buttons on the screen. It will support 4k, but as always, the gpu is not going to be powerhouse.

There is still about another 4 years before nintendos next release cycle, but they are certainly already working on it.

19. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    i hope WE WILL GET 4DS SOON :P

20. Nyteshade714

Nyteshade714 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2010
    United States
    Nintendo has a long history of hardware revisions. I'm willing to bet that their top priority right now is a Switch revision that runs similarly to current models (with slightly improved specs to convince people to buy), but does so with completely different (or patched/modified) hardware under the hood so it's not vulnerable to the same Tegra exploits as current models.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice