What's happening with my camera?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by Nerdtendo, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Nerdtendo
    OP

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    So, I noticed today that my camera has a perpetual "static" to it that ruins all my pictures. This stinks because the S8 camera is pretty good as far as smart phones go. What kind of problem is this and how can I fix it?
    15198826917991316125276.jpg
    This picture has the entire camera covered up so it should be a solid black. That however, is not the case.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    What are your ISO settings?
    If it is auto or set high you might expect to see that.

Higher ISO (which auto will go to when it does not detect anything in the image) tends to be a bit noisier, however it is also one of the things that allows you to take shots in low light (the other two being exposure and shutter speed). Phone cameras, owing to the smaller and cheaper sensors as well as lenses, are notoriously bad in such settings.

There are some very rare failure modes that see something like that happen (quick test, take two such images and overlay them in an image editor and do a difference, if they do not match then it is likely not that).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice