Suggestion Will have 3 Switches in total by next week. What should I do with each one?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Drban789, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Drban789
    OP

Drban789 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hello beloved GBA community,

So wanted to ask just a suggestion what to do with a 3rd Switch I ordered.

By next week hopefully, I will have 3 Switches in total. I was looking to buy a 2nd switch for only SX OS on ebay which I found and purchased. Then somehow a few hours later I found a cheap Switch tablet replacement unit on sale, which I bidded for and somehow won the bid for a really low price lol. So my plan follows:

First switch: My main device will be used strictly for Online Play with my nintendo account. For games such as Fortnite/ Warframe (on the way!) Or any other online game which seems interesting. So no homebrew/Cfw etc.

Secind Switch: Will be dedicated for homebrew/ SX OS backup player with no nintendo account linked.I have already purchased a SX OS license and received my code, now waiting for the device to be delivered.

Third Switch: What do you all recommend I do with my 3rd Switch? I was reading in other threads of home made melding/ home made trinkets. Should I start opening up and melding a permanent method to use payloads and make this Switch my SX OS Switch?

OR

Should I keep one Switch as a backup just incase anything happens to my other 2?

Should I sell it for a profit??

Would love to hear all your advices on what the community would do in this situation.

Please keep it sensible lol I don't want to hear stuff like flush it down the toilet or give it for free etc Want to hear some reasonable suggestions on what each member would do in parallel to what is available on Switches or coming out soon.

Last edited by Drban789, Jul 10, 2018
    Dodain47 likes this.
  2. castdreams

castdreams Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    Midwest USA
    Keep one to be un-hacked, use one for SX OS (or atmosphere in the future), and hold onto the other one for a few months and then sell it at an inflated price as a "pre-Mariko" unit on eBay.

Mat37 and lordelan like this.
  3. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    Put them all in a ring and watch them fight

4. navimor

navimor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2017
    Spain
    I'd save one as a backup. You can sell it whenever you want, so save it until you need/want the money.

5. Glyptofane

Glyptofane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    Eh, just throw em out.

6. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    well since there's a rumor going around that they crack I'd keep one safely stored away from heat just in case it turns out to be true.

7. magico29

magico29 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    magico29 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    hahahahaha i cant believe this, join me and give a way 2 consoles in here as gift and keep 1.

8. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    To own multiple console of the same one, you have ideas set in place already to what to do with them (i do anyway)

I have 3 switches:

1x for SX OS
    1x for a full build Atmosphere cfw - awaiting cold boot (currently on 2.00 fw)
    1x for legit purchases/online.

Either do the 1st two and sell the 3rd. Or do all 3 like me, as it's your choice, nobody else's.

9. javicrazy

javicrazy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2015
    Spain
    Marry your 3rd one

10. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    Play local multiplayer with yourself

11. KTroopA

KTroopA GBAtemp Fan

Mar 15, 2007
    This

12. Drban789
    OP

Drban789 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yes the idea was one for legit online play. One for SX OS but somehow i found my self bidding on a replacement unit I was watching from a few days ago and won.
    Very good point I will take a look at what version the firmwares are, they are both used devices, maybe that will dictate to me what will be a good option. Thanks for the idea.

lol I could host a Switch LAN party just need to find two girls on GBATemp to invite...

13. ByteBite

ByteBite GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    Seychelles
    Leave them outside in the rain and see what happens.

14. Dudamax

Dudamax Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2017
    United States
    WELCM TO BANLAND

15. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    3 switches...lol!

[​IMG]

16. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    Apparently the team of devs trying to get audio working in Linux on Switch fried the audio chips on two of their three Switches... you could always donate one of your Switches to the cause.

17. rahaat

rahaat Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2016
    vore it

18. Thatcher

Thatcher Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Keep one for legit online ect, one for hacks and give the other to a children's hospital.

19. kitzuki

kitzuki GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    United States

This my current setup as well however

my first 2 switch consoles
    one is on 1.0 and does not get used.

Second is on 2.0 and has my 100% zelda save

My 3rd that i got 2 weeks ago was for SX OS and homebrew tinkering with a dummy nintedo account > haven't checked ban but don't care to know lol

retrofan_k likes this.
  20. cawalls_deep

cawalls_deep Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2016
    United States
    How many whacks with a hammer to get to the center of a switch? Lets find out...

gallymimu likes this.
  21. Akuseru06

Akuseru06 Developer

Jan 8, 2018
    Romania
    If you have brain:
    1st:Stock Clean for online
    2nd:SX OS(or what you prefer)
    3rd:Linux
    That would be a perfect modded Switch combination.

eskinner3742 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice