.XCI games updates and dcl

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by btaggs, Jul 12, 2018.

1. btaggs
    OP

btaggs Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2018
    United States
    I have devMenu working and I have been able to install eshop games and eshop games updates & dlc. Is it possible to use devMenu to install updates for .XCI games? I downloaded the updates for splatoon and Kirby. When I install them, it goes through the entire install and at the end, it says there was an error. My guess is that the updates are for the eshop version of Splatoon and Kirby which I do not have installed. I am guessing it is not possible but I just want to know for sure. Can you install updates and dlc for games that you have in .xci format? Or is it only possible with eshop (.nsp) games? I know all the games are available in both formats so if it is not possible to update the .xci games I will get rid of them and find them in .nsp format.

2. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    Aren't they all the same game? Like the title I'd for eShop and carts ? So wouldn't it be the same update stuff?

3. wurstpistole

wurstpistole Proud TX supporter

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    The updates you can pull from CDNSP are for the eshop-versions, obviously. I don't know how updates for cart games are dumped but it has happened, the Octopath Traveler update 1.0.2 nsp for cart version is around already and that obviously can't be from CDNSP.

Very much doubt.

Last edited by wurstpistole, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Updates from CDNSP work for carts. you just install the nsp and youre done..
    You can download the update for Octopath with CDNSP :) I did it and installed it yesterday

slaphappygamer likes this.
  5. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    How is that obvious. Everyone downloads stuff from the eShop the same way. Updates for carts and eshop titles. It comes from the same place. As for what the problem is that he's having idk what the deal is but it can't be because there's eShop and cart update differences

6. Biff627

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    You just cant install a US update onto
    You should be able to install updates to the xci backups via nsp and the devmenu. What error is it giving you?
    Im guessing that since you are using XCI's that you are running SX OS. Are you running SX OS 1.3?

Updates are updates. They work with eshop and carts.

7. btaggs
    OP

btaggs Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2018
    United States
    This is the error. Failed to install the nsp file. (result: 0x00014005).

8. Biff627

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Id say try to redownload it? Are you downloading it via CDNSP? It could be a download?

9. btaggs
    OP

btaggs Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2018
    United States
    I downloaded the updates from a certain site online. I have used CDNSP. Do you think if I download the updates with CDNSP, it will work?

10. l915205

l915205 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2018
    Croatia
    You can download and install updates to any XCI game with CDNSP. Even if you don't know the title key .

I have personally tested this with my own ~10 cart games.

11. btaggs
    OP

btaggs Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2018
    United States
    I downloaded the updates with CDNSP and they worked with .xci games. Thank you for your help.

slaphappygamer likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice