Xecuter SX FAQ - Finally!

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by thequickbrownfox, May 18, 2018.

1. Nada

Nada Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Armenia
    Quick Question in case anybody knows: I never go online for online play. Still don't want to have a banned console if possible.

If new games come which require a higher fw, and I want to play a backup of said game, how can I update the switch fw with SX OS? Can I just load the backup and update offline in SX OS, or must I switch to OFW then update online (risking the ban because of logs showing SX OS).

thx for the info.

2. Freddie81

Freddie81 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2013
    Can we download title-upgrade and install them offline?
    If answer is no: Can we still play games without the upgrade?

3. djricekcn

djricekcn GBAtemp Maniac

May 29, 2009
    United States
    is there a manual for SXOS anywhere? Like, how do you get to the splash screen? All I know is Hold R on Album to load HBL..but what else is there? i can't find a manual on their webpage where you download the OS

4. _n3o_

_n3o_ Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2011
    France
    [​IMG]

:ph34r:

5. djricekcn

djricekcn GBAtemp Maniac

May 29, 2009
    United States
    why don't i see that...mine also says 1.0, not 1.2 wtf...

used a different browser and now displaying, thanks

Last edited by djricekcn, Jun 26, 2018
  6. askara

askara GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2013
    Noob question. I am on 3.0.1. i kinda want to get SX, but i dont want to upgrade my switch yet which some game require.

So can i get SX, upgrade to latest firmware. but downgrade back to 3.0.1 when i need to for Atmosphere or something in the future?

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You would need to make a NAND dump of your 3.0.1 firmware. Follow rajkosto's tutorial in the Tutorials section for the full set of instructions. Be wary, its rather long.

8. zaku

zaku Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    Uganda
    Does autorcm affect battery life?

9. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    AutoRCM affects the charge rate of the Switch when it is RCM. This can lead to false battery levels being displayed if left charging in RCM for large amounts of time.

10. zaku

zaku Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    Uganda
    The reason I asked is because I turned off my console with menu option yesterday and it's completely dead today. This shouldn't happen

I was able to charge it up enough to turn it on. This time I'm holding power button for 15 seconds to turn it off. Let's see how long this would last.

11. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    This is a known issue with AutoRCM and has to do with the fact that turning off the console via the menu doesn't always turn it off. Remember, AutoRCM boots the Switch into RCM. Meaning your console never turned off and has been sitting in RCM the entire time. This is where the problem comes in because RCM looks identical to a Switch that is turned off. For future reference, power off the Switch via manual shutdown (holding power for 12 seconds).

zaku likes this.
  12. Raikkonen94

Raikkonen94 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Netherlands
    For these kind of reasons I'm avoiding AutoRCM. I just keep it in sleep mode when in RCM. When I want to get back to CFW from OFW or when it's completely turned off I just use the jig and my PC again (not ideal but I'd rather do this than booting in AutoRCM).

13. jose1209

jose1209 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2007
    Burkina Faso
    how can i sort the tiles to have the most used first ?

14. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2003
    United States
    General question. My sx pro is coming next month, and I'm on OFW 4.1. As an average end user interested in backup loaders n Homebrew, is there any real reason I would NOT want to upgrade to the latest ofw when the dongle arrives?
    Is there any useful benefit to staying behind at this point?

15. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    For SX usage only, no. If you want to use Atmosphere in the future without a jig and USB cable, there is an unreleased softmod for 4.1 that may come out sometime after its completion.

16. frostii

frostii GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2009
    United States
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi all,
    Has anyone spoken to the SX OS crew re: having eshop titles load through their CFW?

I see some dumps of Celeste, Lumines that would be nice to play (I'm staying away from the other method of loading these)!

17. ahamza61

ahamza61 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 1, 2013
    United States
    I already have SX OS, so, can I buy the USB dongle? Or can I do it myself?

18. Isaac_ssbm

Isaac_ssbm Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2018
    United States
    I ordered SX PRO and it should arrive in about one week. In the meantime I read that my switch may brick by using SX. If I play backups and homebrew(gba emulator) and never go online, can it still brick?

I also didn’t go online for about 4 months because I don’t want the switch to update itself. If I want to activate my SX-license do I need to go online? And if so, is there a way to prevent my switch from doing updates?

19. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You can buy the dongle if you want a less tethered method of loading SX OS. They list some examples of sending their loader that you can use yourself.

TX is pretty confident no normal user will brick their console with their product but another hacker by the name of hexkyz has claimed there is a chance without evidence to back it up. In light of this, him and one other hacker who were cracking SX OS have managed to brick their consoles but no normal user has been bricked yet. So to answer your question, no one really knows yet.

Here is how to activate SX OS offline: http://taraftartekstil.com/threads/how-to-install-activate-sx-os-on-your-switch-with-a-pc.508194/
    How to block updates: http://reswitched.tech/info/faq

Isaac_ssbm likes this.
  20. leetcakes

leetcakes GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2007
    Bahrain
    I am on SX OS 1.2 but wolfenstein does not show up in my albums. All my other games work, any ideas? Tried 3 different xci downloads.

Also noticed that when I use XCIment to rename, it says invalid header.

I updated to 1.2 by dropping the new boot.dat (last modified 6/24) into my sd and replaced the old one (modified 6/21).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice