Xecuter SX FAQ - Finally!

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by thequickbrownfox, May 18, 2018.

1. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2003
    United States
    I have looked at some info about Atmosphere, but is it expected to have any substantial features over SX, or basically the same as SX but just free? And is Atmosphere supposed to have some benefit to being on 4.1 vs 5+ OFW?

2. Isaac_ssbm

Isaac_ssbm Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2018
    United States
    Staying on 4.1.0 brings the benefit that the cfw will be untethered. I think it’s called coldboot. With SX you always need the dongle while entering RCM.

3. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    that's not correct. it's supposed to get warmboot on 4.1 at some point though not at launch. which means you'll probably have to go through the web browser to launch the payload. It's probably faster to just put the dongle in to launch sx os. as far as features we don't know what features will come with atmosphere at launch other than homebrew. too early to really know specifics.

Last edited by comput3rus3r, Jul 2, 2018
    Isaac_ssbm likes this.
  4. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2003
    United States
    Well, that would be a great function to have in place. So at this time, i'm not desperate to update and there's plenty of stuff I have on 4.1 and below. Is there a negative to running SX OS on 4.1 for now until Atmosphere gets developed further, or is there anything that running SX will do to break future Atmosphere usage? (besides the possible SX bricking concerns happening at the moment)

5. Isaac_ssbm

Isaac_ssbm Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2018
    United States
    I don’t think there’s any problem if you use SX until atmosphere gets released. I’ll do the same thing as soon as my SX Pro arrives. There are so many great games which are compatible with 4.1.0 so I won’t have a reason to upgrade anytime soon.
    Afaik the only thing that changes something is the autoRCM feature that SX offers. And I’m not sure if uninstalling autoRCM reverts the changes.
    But you should be fine to use SX in the meantime. Also I read the brick code should not affect us since we bought SX and have a valid license.

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Atmosphere will have EmuNAND that TX has said they will be working on. Without EmuNAND, people risk getting banned when they go online using SX OS. With EmuNAND, you can go online in one NAND without hacks to never get banned while using the other NAND completely offline with hacks. Atmosphere will also have sig patching for everything whereas TX only uses sig patches for their backup loader which emulates cartridges. This can be useful for installing games or even homebrew similar to the 3DS. However, the arguably biggest benefit to Atmosphere over SX OS is the ability to boot it without a jig and USB cable. Your firmware needs to be 4.1 or lower for this, but there are some shortcomings to using a jig or even using AutoRCM that can be mitigated with another exploit. Of course, if you prefer leaving your console in sleep mode the entire time, then that difference is meaningless.

Isaac_ssbm likes this.
  7. gonzogonzales

gonzogonzales Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Austria
    Is it Possible to activate the sx Pro offline. Because someone told me ist not possible because the license is on the dongle. Is there a way to activate it offline because i didnt want to go online.

8. RichKK

RichKK Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Yes, it's possible, using this site here.....
    http://sx.xecuter.com/sxos-license.html

For more info, read the SX Pro manual found here....
    http://sx.xecuter.com/

9. meiersas

meiersas Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2018
    Germany
    i got finally my SX Pro
    im on 5.1.0 atm, but Mario Tennis Aces ask me to Update if i want to start the game
    If i Update, what will be updating and can i do it without any Problems?

10. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Its a game update because you're already on the latest firmware. You can update it but there is a slight risk of getting banned when you do, even if you use OFW. Getting banned will only affect your ability to go online and use the eShop on the Switch, not your ability to download game and system updates.

11. VuuI

VuuI Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2014
    Belgium
    bought sx os and started my selfban. i currently have a rawnand backup from before sx os and thats it. tested one game. is there anything else i should do to keep myself as future proof as possible? currently on 4.1

12. Tere Valentin

Tere Valentin GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    So, currently, it's not safe to go online just to update the the xci game files? Even with a dummy account? I guess for now i'll wait til theres a way to download updates elsewhere. For now, I'll just enjoy my backups :)

13. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You can use DevMenu to install updates if you can manage to find them

14. Tere Valentin

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    But once again, that requires me to go online on the console itself and I want to avoid that. (tutorial I foundbsays I need to download pokemon quest via eshop online on the switch )

15. Derpster25

Derpster25 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2018
    Sweden
    Its probably a type 3 game cart make sure you are on the latest sxos version.

16. RichKK

RichKK Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2015
    United Kingdom
    You mean type 2, there is no type 3........yet.

Others have reported Wolfenstein working just fine with the latest sxos so your xci's were either bad before you downloaded them, corrupted during download or you tinkered with them (trimmed/renamed etc) and screwed them up yourself (XCIment reporting 'invalid header' is a clue there)

17. Derpster25

Derpster25 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2018
    Sweden
    Oh okay my mistake. i am going to try downloading wofenstein and seeing if i get the same error.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also does anyone know how to spit .nsp eshop titles so i can fit them on my fat32 sdcard i am using sxos and devmenu

18. saito1234

saito1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2008
    United States
    If I buy a TX SX can I continue my original cart games with the ones that I load from the SX OS?
    Are saved games compatible?

19. ch0p5

ch0p5 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2008
    United States
    Can anyone tell me where I can get a near instant delivery right now please

20. ch0p5
    This message by ch0p5 has been removed from public view by Joe88, Jul 8, 2018, Reason: Double post.
    Jul 8, 2018
  21. Tere Valentin

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Um I was looking thru lists of xci games to try out and I keep seeing "rev 001" and rev 002". what does that mean? is it the type of physical cartridge the game-dumps came from?
    Probly a dumb question, but it's the first time I've ever seen rev 1 and 2.

22. Rel

Rel GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2018
    United States
    Yes your save data will, SX OS plays like a cart would.
    Means a newer revision of the game that comes with a game update already.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice