Xecuter SX FAQ - Finally!

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by thequickbrownfox, May 18, 2018.

1. Tere Valentin

Tere Valentin GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    o.o Do this new ver has its gameupdates already "tattooed" into it? Wow that's awesome. Thanks for the info :)
    Are the chances for a version with DLCs inside of the xci games possible?

Last edited by Tere Valentin, Jul 9, 2018
  2. nWo

nWo GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2016
    Mexico
    I got one doubt I haven`t seen anywhere. Let`s say I got autoRCM mode, when the console is on RCM, can I swap SD cards? Or it isn`t safe. Can somebody tell me if it`s possible to do that? I got two main SD cards and it`s a pain to swap them, so if it`s possible on RCM mode with auto enabled, that should be great.

3. don_luca

don_luca Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Italy
    Just wondering... does anyone know if loading backups from usb pen drives/Hard disks is on the to-do list for SX devs?

4. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Well they must program/steal the method of reading OSes filesystems then, but maybe?

5. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    Can I backup the files from my dongle and use them via my smartphone in case my dongle dies?

6. don_luca

don_luca Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Italy
    I was wondering if Linux on Switch is able to access mass storage devices attached through the USB. My dream would to just bypass all the SX OS/Horizon/whatever stuff and just launch games straight from Linux. That would make the Switch really a killer portable console.

7. Mohammed2935

Mohammed2935 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    Kuwait
  8. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    That would be great, but unfortunately the games require things from Horizon OS. Else would be running Windows software without emulators on Linux today. But it's not the truth :/

9. Priyam

Priyam GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    India
    In SX OS, can raw XCI games use their DLC? (after installing dlc.nsp through devmenu)

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Uh...that's kinda strange...

Yes because DLC is stored on the Nintendo Switch system and not on the cartridge (or .XCI file in this case). Its also why saves will work whether you play them from their original cartridge or as a .XCI file.

Priyam likes this.
  11. Filiab

Filiab Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2004
    Do you think I'm okay to buy botw season pass in normal SW

And play it airplane in sxos environment?

Safer than devmenu, at least?

12. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Safer than using DevMenu but not as safe as playing the BotW legitimately and using the DLC with that ;)

13. AmienZero

AmienZero Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2004
    Malaysia
    hello everyone. just received my SX pro yesterday. just having some questions before moving on the next step.

1. to use devmenu i need to be on fw 5.1, correct? which means i need to update my 4.0.1. other than being able to restore back nand backup, is there any reason to follow the no burn efuses tutorial update? i've read the tutorial and i find it very technical for me. i'd rather bite the bullet and burn the efuses by updating normally rather than bricked myself for doing something wrong.
    2. i dont play online games so i have to go totally offline. other than turning on airplane mode, what else do i have to do?

14. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    1. The only reason you would follow that tutorial is if you want to be able to run 4.0.1 which has access to an unreleased exploit that doesn't involve a jig and USB cable. If you do not mind having to use those 2 to load hacks, then burn the fuses. An alternative to the guide is following this procedure by a fellow SX Pro user
    2. If you don't play online games or use the eShop, I see no point in trying to avoid being banned. With DevMenu, you can install of the digital titles from the eShop anyway and you still have access to game and system updates even if you are banned. There is no reason to stay in Airplane Mode if you don't plan on going online in the first place.

AmienZero likes this.
  15. chr0m

chr0m GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    Australia
    I've got a 2.3.0 Switch that I've been saving for hax. Don't care about bans because I have a second Switch for online.

Is there any point saving that 2.3.0 Switch or should I just update to 5.1.0 and use SX?

I see that I don't even need to buy the dongle and can just buy a license and use my paperclip JIG :)

16. AmienZero

AmienZero Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2004
    Malaysia
    wait what? that was way easier. how did i miss that tip? i think i'll try that tomorrow. thanks. last question. sxos autorcm or bricmiv2?

Last edited by AmienZero, Jul 15, 2018 at 4:58 PM
  17. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Only update if you don't mind using a jig and USB cable to load hacks. Firmwares 4.1 and below have access to unreleased exploits that involve loading a webpage to use hacks.

If you must update, I recommend either following this tutorial or this procedure by another SX user.

Briccmii V2 has the advantages of being able to display the number of fuses burnt as well as being able to work after a system update. TX's AutoRCM provides no advantages over briccmii V2.

AmienZero likes this.
  18. chr0m

chr0m GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    Australia
    Thanks, I've already spent the last couple of hours reading through all the posts in that upgrading with burning fuses tutorial :)

I think I know what to do now. I'll leave myself the option to downgrade to 2.3.0 and also prevent my cartridge slot from being updated.

I don't even have SX OS yet. So I'm guessing what I should do is upgrade to 5.1.0 without burning fuses, then inject the latest SX OS into RCM.

Is there anything I should grab from the eShop before I get banned? I know past consoles have benefited from having a game or something installed.

At the moment my 2.3.0 Switch has never been online

19. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Unfortunately, you cannot use SX OS and prevent your cartridge slot from being update because SX OS does not support the custom module that breaks the cartridge slot in the first place. However, if you plan to use SX OS, it seems redundant to save the cartridge slot since it can play backups.

As long as your account is not banned, you can actually download stuff from the eShop even if your console is banned. Below is the exact process.

PatrickD85 likes this.
  20. chr0m

chr0m GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    Australia
    Damn, yes I just got up to the part about SX OS not supporting the custom module in the upgrade tutorial thread :)

I'm only planning to use SX OS because I'm impatient. Had this Switch sitting around not being used for months and only just started looking into CFW and homebrew yesterday.

I wasn't going to get SX OS, but then I saw you can just buy a licence and inject the payload from RCM without buying the dongle, so I thought I might have a play with it :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice