COMPLETED Xecuter SX OS Play Online titles using cert from another game

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by x0x0, Jun 21, 2018.

1. don_luca

don_luca Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Italy
  2. Tke1

Tke1 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2016
    Belgium
    Good to know , i dont have any game. I have buy this game low price for test with the certif. Next time i buy 16Gb game

3. HALAVLUV

HALAVLUV Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2017
    Israel
    Did anyone try BOTW cert on Mario Odyssey?

4. Friffy1

Friffy1 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2009
    United States
    Yes. Used my original BotW cert on a backup of Mario Odyssey. It played for one night. The next morning the cert was banned. I don't know, but I believe this was likely because I slutted the BotW cert onto multiple games. Could also be detecting an "offline game" is online. Could also be detecting the wrong title game associated with the cert. I'm not sure anybody has the exact answer yet.

5. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Just a question did you use layeredfs or that eXshop or anything else on your sd card have you still got your atmosphere files on your card and using sx os before you used your zelda certificate on your card 1 games to inject because your ban might of already been flagged in the system before you injected your zelda certificate in to your titles, it might of just been a coincidence.

I have used all my card 1 & 2 games online, used nsp injects via the dev menu (not online gaming server nsp injects but have downloaded updates to nsp injects) also downloaded updates on cfw for weeks now and I'm still not banned from anything. In fact I've been really relaxed and blatant about it all using files and still nothing of course I'm not complaining I have total respect for Nintendo uk!

Last edited by Reecey, Jul 9, 2018
  6. HALAVLUV

HALAVLUV Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2017
    Israel
    I'll check it myself then, if anything goes wrong I'll share it here

7. Friffy1

Friffy1 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2009
    United States
    Nope. I'm very new to the Switch scene. Literally got my switch a week and a half ago, and I was on vacation last week so I didn't do much tinkering with it at all yet. Acquired some backups of some games, tried them. They worked. Tried them online, got a 2124-4025 error on all. And did a little more research here in this very thread to figure things out. Multiple suggestions were to use large, offline game certs.. one for type 1 and one for type 2 carts. Okay... Tried that. Extracted certs from BotW and LEGO Incredibles and applied the appropriate type certs to all of my backups. They all worked great online! I was both surprised and happy! And then I woke up the next morning to find all had the 2124-4025 again. Based on the fact that I can still get to the eShop and play Fortnite, that my unit hasn't been banned... just the certs. I may be mistaken. Until somebody tells me otherwise, I've removed all WiFi data from the unit so it can't go online at all. For the record, I'm in the USA.

Based on the speed this community is addressing things, I'm betting a solution is just around the corner. (Cert algorithm generator? :-) )

UPDATE: I tried going online, just an eshop test, and found the console's been banned.

Last edited by Friffy1, Jul 15, 2018 at 3:42 PM
    Reecey likes this.
  8. don_luca

don_luca Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Italy
    The more I read about this, the more I think this is strictly a US thing.
    Neither you or xoxo are in the US and both of you have not been banned yet. Still, people following this very guide which are in the US have been promptly banned after 1-3 days.

Don't know really what to think about it.

willhack and Reecey like this.
  9. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    I absolutely agree it can only be I have already mentioned that anyone outside the uk & eu should not do this certificate injects @x0x0 put this information on the op. It's quite mad!

http://taraftartekstil.com/threads/xecuter...from-another-game.508357/page-21#post-8120144

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

TX are coming up with a better solution they have emailed me but for the time being anyone in the us should not attempt this cert injects.

Last edited by Reecey, Jul 9, 2018
  10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    It is not currently possible to play online with titles installed from outside the eShop because you don't have the proper tickets to play them in the first place. http://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHacks/comments/8rxg26/psa_strong_antipiracy_measures_implemented_by/
    Read the third paragraph under "Practical Impact" for the full explanation. A reason it worked on the 3DS is because installed titles didn't need the proper tickets to be launched therefore they could be played not only offline but online as well. Unless someone figures out how to spoof the tickets, we will be unable to play online with installed titles. However, if you have purchased/downloaded them legitimately, you can use any tool to install them and they will go online as evidenced below:
    http://taraftartekstil.com/threads/exhop-allows-you-to-play-online-despite-ban.510115/
    Please submit a full ban report here whenever you have the chance: http://taraftartekstil.com/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub.508710/

Lastly, I started asking regions for bans pretty late mostly because bans happened in all regions (that means outside the USA). However, I think I'll go over everyone who was banned and add their region to see just how widespread it really is.

11. phonz

phonz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2018
    Canada
    @x0x0 how many online games are you running the same donor cert on?

12. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    Those bans other than just using sx os on your thread are a mix up mostly made up off layeredfs or using different methods of trying back ups they could just be a coincidence using sx os after the bans been flagged. Everyone just using the certificate injects on a fresh sd “sx os” bans are outside the uk & eu only. Please don’t spread unnecessary panic inside your brackets.

Last edited by Reecey, Jul 10, 2018
  13. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Just because the truth is hard to swallow doesn't mean you are allowed to deny what others are saying or twist the facts to fit your personal perception. If you say one person is lying, then you are at risk for everyone lying. For example, everyone with LayeredFS may not actually have been banned and they are lying to make it seem less safe than it appears. The same hacker that said it was unsafe is the same one who said injecting foreign certificates is unsafe. You cannot cherrypick what you choose to believe based on one or two individual experiences. The only fact I will acknowledge is that no one has come forth with a ban for using SX OS only from the UK which could be due to a variety of factors such as small sample size, bans being carried out in irregular intervals, or some third unknown factor. But the point is neither you nor I can definitively say what the cause is unless you have inside knowledge of the ban process.

14. x0x0
    OP

x0x0 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2017
    Poland
    Inside the code
    3 games.

15. Melon_Lord

Melon_Lord Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    Canada
    And you're still not banned? Damn you're either very lucky or this is an exploitable loophole that Nintendo will need to patch

16. NO_ob

NO_ob GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2017
    Has anyone tried using a cert with a game they didn't register for eshop coins. Thats probably how ninty know that the cert is tied to a game

Reecey likes this.
  17. Whole lotta love

Whole lotta love GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2006
    United States
    Perhaps this is because EU has stronger privacy laws than the US, so Nintendo is collecting more data in the states.

18. phonz

phonz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2018
    Canada
    I'm using a Splatoon 2 cart cert I never claimed my Nintendo coins from.
    I've only used it on Pokken I believe.
    I am not banned yet, but I also don't play online matches really. I often use that proxy list with a bunch of the Nintendo domains blocked when I don't need online services, which is more likely the reason I'm not banned.

19. Zouiguipopo

Zouiguipopo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2010
    France
    i used my own zelda CERT on card1, i have try only one time to play online (with street fighter 30th and only for testing and it works)
    But now : Online restricted by nintendo.... but i can play with my legit splatoon 2 game (in SX Firme and Originale Firm)
    so idk why

Draxzelex likes this.
  20. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    What is the error code you receive? Its possible that your zelda cert was hit with a ban, not the console.

Zouiguipopo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice