RELEASE Y'allAreNUTs save tool - aka switch-save-dump-hack-job by 3096

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by MegaMagikarp, May 11, 2018.

1. MrBlacha

MrBlacha Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2017
    Poland
  2. Naked_Snake

Naked_Snake Constant Miscreant

Oct 6, 2013
    Australia
    Hyrule Field
  3. Wierd_w

Wierd_w GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2018
    United States
    (Whisper whisper)

You *DO* know that an .ESS file is basically a modified .ESP, right? ;P How else do you think the game can keep track of your custom potions and enchantments?
    Quite a few minor mod type things can be done with a modified saved game. Want some new learnable enchantments? Sure-- you can do that. Want some interesting spells? Sure-- you can do that. Add a chest somewhere filled with unbelievable amounts of gold? YUP! Need more planters at your homestead? YUP-- You can shoehorn that in too.

The real cheese though, is when we get a cart dumper/loader. Then we can poke at the game data and inject all the .ESPs and extra data we want. That opens the door to custom game asset files, so texture replacers (better water, etc), new quests, body replacers, etc all become plausible. The hint that a "Hyrule.esm" exists in the cartridge data tells me that the hooks for data file loading totally exists.

Naked_Snake likes this.
  4. Naked_Snake

Oct 6, 2013
    Australia
    Hyrule Field
    I should just get you to add x1000 enchanting and smithing potions with over 1000,000 effect into my save for me lol

5. Wierd_w

Wierd_w GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2018
    United States
    Why not, I used to repair saves for the old XBOX morrowind waaaaay back in the day. Low level editing of .ESS files is something I am already very intimate with. In a few days I will have some time off work. I will look into poking your savedgame.

I think integrating the "Right hand rings" mod (does not need new game asset files, so fair game), and an enchanted ring that fortifies enchantment (tee hee hee!) should just about do it for extra fun.

Naked_Snake likes this.
  6. Naked_Snake

Oct 6, 2013
    Australia
    Hyrule Field
    I have one currently that gives me ridiculous carry weight, I always hated you couldn’t run and jump in Skyrim fucking stupid

7. Wierd_w

Wierd_w GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2018
    United States
    The ones I hated were the missing enchantments for invisibility on self, "fortify unarmored" (oakskin/stoneskin in enchantment form), and for fortify health regeneration rate. I might make learnable enchantments and supply rings for those as well.

Easiest place to put them is in your character inventory, since we are dealing with savegame edits.

Adding some fun homage' spells might be fun too. Sadly, no way to shoehorn in mark and recall in skyrim without script extensions, so no Farore's wind homage, but we can totally make a Naru's Love (stoneskin dialed up to over 9000 for 20 seconds), and Din's Fire (3 second "flame cloak" with a huge radius) homage'. :P

Naked_Snake likes this.
  8. Naked_Snake

Oct 6, 2013
    Australia
    Hyrule Field
    If only we could do a spawn army shout, but again as you say that would require script extensions, would be awesome though, is it possible to make a walk through walls potion or would that require a script

9. Wierd_w

Wierd_w GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2018
    United States
    Teleporting the player around requires executing script functions (and storing and using variables). While .ESS files are basically modified .ESP files, they cannot contain script data. Skyrim uses the papyrus script engine, which stores semi-compiled script files in the data files folder. As such, we cannot shoehorn them in. The other two spell homage's though, we can implement simply without scripting, and are fair game.

Naked_Snake likes this.
  10. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Edit: Sorry, wrong thread. Too many tabs open :wacko:

Last edited by urherenow, May 14, 2018
    Naked_Snake likes this.
  11. Naked_Snake

Oct 6, 2013
    Australia
    Hyrule Field
  12. wiiarctus

wiiarctus GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2016
    Germany
    Injecting still does not work for me with v0.1 or v0.1.1 on FW 4.1.0 :(

13. urherenow

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Does it indicate that it found your switch in RCM? Did you install the libusbk drivers?

14. Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik Maniac | Dev | Trap

Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    my lewd corner
    Nice work, but the title seemed like a Shitpost lol

15. wiiarctus

Aug 29, 2016
    Germany
    Yes, of course otherwise I can't go into hbmenu and start nuts :D

16. urherenow

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Sorry, I keep getting threads mixed up. I assume you're talking about BoTW? Depending on which key you use to dump the save, you may get a tree of folders with long names. What you need to do is figure out which save you are modifying (identify it from the screen shot) and place ONLY that save number folder into the /inject folder ie:

/inject/4/caption.jpg
    /inject/4/caption.sav
    /inject/4/game_data.sav

you also need to make sure the correct game/user is selected from the menu when you inject the save.

17. Seathasky

Seathasky Suspended

Suspended
    May 14, 2018
    United States
    Thank you soo much for this! With a little research, I was able to take my CEMU save files for BOTW, convert them to Switch save files and use this tool to inject them into my Switch! I had further progress in BOTW on CEMU so this tool is a blessing! Great work!

18. wiiarctus

Aug 29, 2016
    Germany
    Actually I want to inject some Super Mario Odyssey saves, but it doesn't work with other games too, so I guess I have wait for an update.^^

19. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

GBAtemp Patron
    SkittleDash is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 21, 2015
    Japan
    Hope's Peak Academy
    I'm wondering. Is there any save editing progress for Fire Emblem Warriors?

20. saito1234

saito1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2008
    United States
    Will it be possible in theory to backup my saved games from my 5.0 Switch and use them on my 3.0 Switch (with another user account) ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice