RELEASE Y'allAreNUTs save tool - aka switch-save-dump-hack-job by 3096

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by MegaMagikarp, May 11, 2018.

1. SkulllKid

SkulllKid GBAtemp Regular

Apr 10, 2015
    United States
    I try to solve the y"allAreNuts error but I don't know what is wrong, so I try with checkpoint and I can do it, I use the .sav that o edited with y"allAreNuts, so with the backup you just need the .sav (of the game not the capture) then I make a backup with checkpoint, on the pc I backup all the folders of breath of the wild (just in case) and I just put the .sav (already edited) on the folder 0 of the /y'allAreNuts/save/ and then on the folder that you grab the .sav (because breath of the wild have a few like 0,1,2,3,4,5 so if you edit the .sav on the folder 0 doesn't matter if you edit the sav of the y'allarenuts or the sav of the checkpoint put the sav on the folder 0 and it just have to be 3 files on the folder don't move or delete nothing just replace that one) that works for me

bodyXY likes this.
  2. EventAssistant

EventAssistant GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    this came later than checkpoint :)

3. SkulllKid

Apr 10, 2015
    United States
    Yes because you have an se card to put in there the app, and it creates the save folder to make the backup and restore

4. HeldDerZeit

HeldDerZeit Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2018
    Germany
    How else should you do Homebrew that make no sense!

Subtle Demise likes this.
  5. bodyXY

bodyXY Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    Germany
    ok, replay for my self, you make an full backup with checkpoint, edit the 0 save with marcrobledo savegame editor and restore (inject (switch/inject/0)) the full folder (3 datas) with y"allAreNuts?

EDIT: i tested it right know how i write it, it doesnt worked :/ i dont know what i do wrong :( Checkpoint Backup - mod the 0 folder - put him in switch/inject/0 and try it with y"allAreNuts to inject, same error, i edit only Rupees to 60000 for testing

Pictures: www2.pic-upload.de/img/35335339/1.png www2.pic-upload.de/img/35335347/2.png

Last edited by bodyXY, May 16, 2018
  6. SkulllKid

Apr 10, 2015
    United States
    ok no, with y'allarenuts you have to put the .sav to the folder "inject/0" but no with checkpoint, you already have your edited sav so you have to put that .sav on the checkpoint save folder, when you create backup with checkpoint it make a "save" on the "checkpoint folder" so go on the save folder and find breath of the wild, and search for (if you edit the .sav of the folder 0) the 0 folder, inside it gonna be 3 files, just put your eddited .sav and put it on the "save" folder inside checkpoint, and replace it, checkpoint doesn't use a injject folder so you have to replace the .sav on the save folder, and then go back to the app select your sav and click on restore

7. evilapple

evilapple Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2018
    United States
    I have a slight issue with BoTW save editor. I booted the file in, took the save out, and uploaded the .sav into the xelda editor and got myself the new .sav. Only issue is when I tried to inject it back into the game nothing has changed. Any reason why? I used the save file 5 for this.

8. bodyXY

bodyXY Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    Germany
    ok you mean to restore the save with Checkpoint, i do it before, i can backup and restore the sav with Checkpoint but after i get a force close ingame when i load the modded sav,

9. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    Guys, guys. Even if the game says the save file is on top, the number 0, IT MIGHT NOT BE! My save file on top, turned out to be number 3! I had to look trough the "capture.jpg" and recognize the one from my save in order to find it! So always make sure you are editing the right save!

10. bodyXY

bodyXY Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    Germany
    i find the problem, it gives an error in the editor (think only at 1.0 version), the dev works on a fix :)

11. camilord

camilord Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2018
    Colombia
    Using this software can get your console banned? I only need to change the user of a zbotw savegame, is safe to use this tool?

What about the other tool called checkpoint, is better than this?

12. Tonydaexpert

Tonydaexpert GBAtemp Regular

Jul 5, 2016
    United States
    It should not get your console banned unless you edit an online game like Splatoon 2 and put some risky edits in

13. Minikea

Minikea Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2017
    France
    try with precedent version of nut (0.1) . it works with this one with BoTW

14. bodyXY

bodyXY Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    Germany
    It works now fine for me with Checkpoint, it was an issue with the editor, but the dev fixed it

15. souler92

souler92 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2017
    Netherlands
    me when i saw this tool for the first time!!:

[​IMG]

paperycandy likes this.
  16. Minikea

Minikea Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2017
    France
    @MegaMagikarp
    could we have an option to save only one file?
    for example, in Zelda BOTW, only tne game_data.sav is important if we want to modifiy the save. could we have ab option to select only this file?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice